--1938: Ground is broken for the present rectory, designed by the architectural firm of Meyer and Cook. The priests will move into the rectory in July, 1939.


The rectory, circa 1939


--1941: On October 16, tragedy strikes the parish when pastor V. Haman is killed by a speeding automobile while trying to cross Roosevelt road.


Turn to next page (click here)