--1925: Father V. Haman returns as pastor of SMC.
--1926: A stone convent is erected south of the wood frame church at 1431 Euclid.
--1927: The first resident assistant, Rev. Maurus Vauchout, O.S.B., is assigned to SMC. Also in 1927, St. Odilo Church is organized (St. Leonard Church was established in 1923). The 1920s saw Berwyn's fastest growth in population and housing (population 47,027 by 1930).
Turn to next page (click here)