-1909: A small number of Catholic families in South Oak Park (now North Berwyn) request the ministrations of a Catholic priest. Father Procopius Neuzil, O.S.B., organizes St. Mary of Celle and becomes the first pastor.
-1910: Archbishop James Quigley, D.D., blesses a two story building built to serve as church and school. Brothers from St. Procopius abbey and parishoners do most of the construction work. The $11,000 building cost is born by the congregation with generous assistance from the abbey.
Turn to next page (click here)